Keep your kiddos brains and bodies in top shape with good nutrition!
photo credit: becuo.com
1. Eggs. Eggs are filled with protein and vitamin D. Eating protein for breakfast is proven to help kiddos feel fuller longer.
2. Oatmeal. Oatmeal is a fiber-rich whole grain that takes a while to digest. It will keep their energy levels high.
3. Fruit. Almost all fruit is good in some way for your kiddos. It’s full of essential vitamins and minerals and is provides a great source of natural fiber to keep kiddos regular. Oranges, apples, pears, blueberries and strawberries are kiddo favorites!
4. Nuts.Nuts provide healthy fats that help kiddos grow and develop. Good fat also provides an energy burst that will get them throught the morning or afternoon slump.
5. Milk.Protein and calcium are essential for a healthy, high functioning brain and body. Calcium also keeps bones and teeth strong!
6. Tomatoes. Tomatoes are good for you because they are filled with lycopene. Cooking them and pairing them with a good fat like Olive Oil helps your body